Are you facing a dental emergency here in South Portland? In that case, please do reach out – we treat urgent oral issues! You can count on Dr. Parét and her team to provide fast, pain-relieving emergency dentistry. Their expertise and technology will ensure your oral health is fully restored. Plus, an appointment at our office saves you the hassle of an ER visit. If that sounds good to you, just keep reading or book a consultation today.
How We Treat Dental Emergencies
Perhaps you’ve never had a dental emergency before. Still, there’s no need to worry; Mind Your Mouth has set guidelines for treating them. That said, here’s what to expect from our emergency care process:
- An Immediate Appointment – Once you’ve contacted us, we’ll book you for the earliest possible visit time. (Urgent oral issues require a fast response.) From there, our staff can offer first-aid tips over the phone.
- An Emergency Exam – Our team will perform an oral exam right when you arrive for care. By doing so, they can discern the source and extent of your problem. The process also helps them see how best to reduce your pain.
- Overview of Findings – Following the emergency exam, Dr. Parét will review her findings and suggest options to you. She’ll then consider your feedback and draft a custom treatment plan that suits your needs. (To be clear, the treatment price and timeline are included in this review.)
- Effective Dental Care – You can trust us to quickly address your oral problems and get your smile back on track. We’ll be ready to give you fillings, crowns, root canal therapy, or whatever else you need.
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
While they can have unique details, many dental emergencies involve the same causes, symptoms, and similar factors. These kinds are thus more common than the other varieties. Given that reality, our office is well-equipped to treat many urgent oral issues. If you suffer any of the following, then, don’t hesitate to see us at once.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Emergencies
Understandably, you might worry about emergency dentistry’s cost. After all, its treatments won’t help if they exceed your budget and “break the bank.” Even so, there’s no real reason to worry. Before proceeding with treatment, Dr. Parét will keep you in the loop and discuss your pricing and financing details. This step ensures you have what you need to pay for care. Should you have other questions about insurance coverage or financing, though, feel free to ask our dental professionals.
How to Prevent Dental Emergencies
When possible, it’s better to prevent a dental emergency than to manage one. The latter option is troublesome and uses more time, money, and resources. Thankfully, there are ways to reduce your risk of having such an emergency. These methods include the following:
- Follow a nutritious, mouth-healthy diet
- Brush and floss your teeth daily teeth
- See your dentist for six-month checkups and cleanings
- Don’t use your teeth to open packages, chew on fingernails, etc.
- Refrain from hard, sticky, or chewy foods
- Stay hydrated with water